Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's a "clumpy universe"

One of the triggers for my return to the blogosphere  was attending the Shifting Thinking conference organised by NZCER last week. It was a really stimulating event - which I intend to reflect on in future posts - and turned out to be one of a series of events that have brought me to this point. Participants at the conference were actively encouraged to respond to the conference procedings via tweets and /or blogs. Not having an active blog to post to became a problem. Twitter is great, but there are some things you just can't cover in 140 characters.

To cut a long and twisty story short, a number of factors have converged (as they do) to motivate me to make the change and get blogging again. Hence the refernce to the clumpy universe. Just as matter (stuff) is not evenly distributed throughout the universe but forms clumps within the larger emptiness, so things are not regularly distributed throughout my life. When enough things converge, it forms a node that changes the surrounding environment. Feral learning (life!) is like that too, uneven and clumpy. In this case, the clumpy universe drives me back to blogging.

So - here we go: housework done (sort of); groceries bought and put away (mostly); brain engaged (more or less); and a bit of spare time to blog in (not really). Why do I bother to mention those things? Because my life is multi-dimensional. Things that happen in one arena carry over to influence what happens (or doesn't happen) in another. And now that I've got everything ready, I'm out of time and going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment